This list was started after I noticed my first MPAA certificate number,
which was in the ending credits of the movie Tron, somewhere around 1995. Much information was gathered from the credits shown (before and) after films. Other sources include the American Film Institute (AFI) Catalog of Feature Films, 1931-1940, and valuable contributions made by (in order of lastname):
- Elina Balashova (Estonia)
- Loïc Bellec (France)
- Leszek Blazejczak (Poland)
- Andre Camargo (Brazil)
- Mick Campion (United Kingdom)
- Tamás Deme (Hungary)
- Andreas Eriksson (Sweden)
- John Denton (United Kingdom)
- José Estévez (United States)
- Peter Fiser (Germany)
- Tonio Fraga (Spain)
- Toine de Greef (me) (Netherlands)
- Hilary Griffith (Australia)
- Thomas Higgins (United States)
- Rick Jackson
- Kees Kleihues van Tol (Germany)
- Greg Lemieux (United States)
- Herbert Lotz (Germany)
- Tobias Lotz (Germany)
- Dave Mackey (United States)
- Lee McComish (United Kingdom)
- Ryan Mead (United States)
- Richard Schultz
- Don Sordillo (United States)
- Marco Timmermans (The Netherlands)
- Bill Wolf (United States)
Please email me if you can add more titles.
In France, a similar approval system exists, called “visa d’exploitation”, which applies to both French and foreign films.
Movies are sorted in ascending order, based on their number + title. “Year” indicates a release date, not production date as usually listed in the movie itself, to keep in sync with the IMDB.
For now, there this site is not connected to a live database. This may change in the future, alowing for instance different sorting orders, and distributed updates. On the other hand, I might decide to solve this in XML/XSLT, as seen in the French movie number page. This very HTML file (Filmnummers.html) is already processed using an XSL transformation from an XML source.
The list [There are 20594 entries in the list. This page was last modified at 01/11/2008 19:39:42.]
Update (20150106): New additions planned!